John Child is a Phoenix Sr. Associate for good reason. His strong skill sets (IT, Tourism, Writing & Editing) compliment his abilities as a facilitator with strong interpersonal skills when it comes to employee interactions and large group meetings…
With twenty years of technology background as a computer programmer, systems analyst, network guru, and IT manager, John understands technology to its core. He has supervised dozens of employees, and consulted with some of the largest companies in Nepal on a variety of projects since 2006. John is an expert in:
- Technical staff training & certification
- Customizing CRM tools to specific business applications
- Increasing productivity & clearing backlogs in a service center
- Implementing ISO 9001:2008 quality management systems
- Designing and implementing large-scale web sites
Travel, Leisure & Tourism
With twenty years in the Himalayan Adventure industry, John has a unique perspective on the region, and provides support for businesses needing to grow their travel or hospitality business. John has been the Director of Sales and Marketing at the Friends in High Places trekking agency since 1995. In addition, he has personally planned and delivered hundreds of sightseeing and cultural events since coming to Nepal.
Writing & Editing
John offers fast and accurate copy writing and editing, all to western standards. He has extensive experience in working with authors who are not native English speakers but need to make their content letter-perfect. Here are just a few of his accomplishments as a writer and editor in Nepal:
- John Child has authored Streets of Silver, Streets of Gold (2006, Himal Association), which is a book of popular walking tours in the Kathmandu Valley with rich history, culture, legends and tales of the region. (A second edition now in progress.)
- Since 2013 John has copyedited the UNDP magazine, Development Advocate.
- During 2007 and 2008, John was the copy editor for copy editor for many UNICEF reports.
- From 2003 – 2005, John was also the copy editor for the Nation Weekly magazine, a publication on current affairs and politics, and magazine, a publication on business in Nepal.
- Since 2005 John has been the Nepal Correspondent for the web portal newsblaze.com.