The Power of M&E Workshop is for project managers and M&E professionals who want to improve their program-management skills using updated approaches and monitoring methodologies that conform to a results-based management best-practice. In short, this workshop teaches you skills that help you monitor & evaluate (M&E) both projects and programmes – and will also help you achieve better results.
This 5-day workshop is held publically, or can be custom-tailored to an organization’s needs. For example, if you need your entire team working on an M&E plan for your organization or project, this workshop is an ideal place to get that work started.
This workshop is for both the beginning manager, as well as the experienced – anyone who wants to really dig deep into M&E should plan on attending.
In this workshop, participants will work in teams to achieve the following:
- Brainstorm your org’s current state of M&E and discuss how to do better
- Understand the basic concepts behind functional M&E
- See how your Value for Money (VfM) can be improved by following proper M&E
- Actually plan how to ensure a project results-chain is logically presented in logframe, as well as how to set realistic indicators for better results
- Learn how to link project/programme logframe while preparing a Results-based M&E Framework
- Learn how to gather data efficiently and how to roll out an Results-based M&E system within your organization
- Practice breaking down the work like a pro – using a Work Breakdown Structure and a mind-mapping tool
- Prepare your data for reporting that, in the end, will make your M&E work shine
Typical Daily Schedule
How We Deliver this Workshop
The Power of M&E Workshop is most often delivered in the form of a public workshop, where people interested in M&E from many different organizations can gather and learn – you can go here to sign-up up for that now, or check our schedule to see when the next workshop will run. In addition, this workshop can also be custom-tailored as an in-house training – just send us an info request, and then we’ll talk.
You should also know that all of our workshops are participatory in nature, and our trainers allow time for experience sharing, reflection as well as a pre-flight expectation gathering to ensure most of the individual expectations can best be addressed within the scope of course. Our trainers are also skilled at gauging how the workshop is progressing, and can adjust both the pace and content accordingly (we leave no participant behind).
Participants will have ample opportunity learning various participatory tools alongside the learning content. Every workshop includes a comprehensive training report upon completion that gives your management team a blow-by-blow accounting using daily feedback results from each participant.
Workshop materials are all-digital in format, and provided to all registrants via this website (user registration required). Once your registration is confirmed, all materials can be downloaded at anytime – forever! Specifically included with this workshop are:
- Workshop slides in PDF format
- Access to a special workshop page on this website – chocked full of resources
- Trial versions of any software used during the workshop
- Certificates of Training delivered at the end of the course on printed certificate paper and in digital format