The Power to Propose Workshop is for organizational leaders, project managers and project officers who want to improve their project design and proposal writing skills using updated approaches and tools. In short, this workshop teaches you skills that will help you analyze the situation, design appropriate interventions, and write a winning project proposal.
This 5-day workshop is held publically, or can be custom-tailored to an organization’s needs. For example, if you need your entire team responsible for proposal writing ready to write winning proposals for a range of donors, this workshop is an ideal place to get that work started.
This workshop is for both the beginning manager as well as the experienced – anyone who wants to really dig deep into project design and proposal writing should plan on attending.
- Brainstorm your organization’s current capacity to write winning proposals
- Understand the key aspects that determine a successful proposal – from the donor’s perspective!
- See how your project-design skills can be improved by following a logical framework approach (LFA)
- Plan how to ensure a project results-chain has a logical means-end relationship, as well as exploring how to set sensible indicators for different levels of results
- Learn how to take a project logframe into consideration while preparing your project’s M&E Plan
- Learn how to prepare a project Gantt chart
- Learn how to package your project idea in a comprehensive format
- Present your project idea in a persuasive style, with clarity and persuasiveness
Typical Daily Schedule
How We Deliver
The Power to Propose Workshop is most often delivered in the form of a public workshop, where people interested in project design and proposal writing from many different organizations can gather and learn – you can go here to sign-up up for that now, or check our schedule to see when the next workshop will run. In addition, this workshop can also be custom-tailored as an in-house training – just send us an info request, and then we’ll talk.
All of our workshops are participatory in nature, and our trainers allow time for experience sharing and reflection, as well as a pre-flight expectation gathering to ensure most of the individual expectations can best be addressed within the scope of course. Our trainers are also skilled at gauging how the workshop is progressing, and can adjust both the pace and content accordingly (we leave no participant behind).
Every workshop includes a comprehensive training report upon completion that gives your management team a blow-by-blow accounting using daily feedback results from each participant\.
Workshop materials are all-digital in format, and provided to all registrants via this website (user registration required). Once your registration is confirmed, all materials can be downloaded at anytime – forever! Specifically included with this workshop are:
- Workshop slides in PDF format
- Access to a special workshop page on this website – chocked full of resources
- Trial versions of any software used during the workshop
- Certificates of Training, delivered at the end of the course on printed certificate paper and also provided digitally