The Power to Report Workshop is for a range of professionals, including organizational leaders, project managers, project officers, M&E professionals and consultants who want to improve their report-writing skills using updated approaches and tools. In short, this workshop teaches you skills that will help you:
- Set clear writing and editing objectives
- Establish a valid scope for your writing
- Use appropriate qualitative and quantitative data to substantiate your arguments
- Create a dynamic structure for your reports
- Organize ideas logically and professionally
- Ensure your ideas are presented clearly, increasing the likelihood that your ideas will get through to your readers
This 5-day workshop is held publically, or can be custom-tailored to an organization’s needs. For example, if you need your entire writing team trained to be able to report to a wide range of donors, this workshop is an ideal place to get that work started.
This workshop is for both the beginning writer as well as the most experienced – anyone who wants to dig deep into professional report writing should plan on attending.
During The Power to Report Workshop, participants will work in teams (and individually) to achieve the following:
- Critically reflect on your individual and institutional capacity of professional report writing
- Understand the key qualities of a successful report – from the reader’s perspective!
- See how your reporting skills can be improved by following a systemic approach
- Plan to have a project results-chain and M&E plan linked to the report
- Learn how to blend qualitative & quantitative data while drafting a report (and to ensure that all writing objectives are met)
- Learn how to use a mind map when structuring a report
- Learn how to package the report into a dynamic structure
- Present your ideas in an organized and reader-friendly way
Typical Daily Schedule
How We Deliver
The Power to Report Workshop is most often delivered in the form of a public workshop, where people interested in professional report writing skills from many different organizations can gather and learn – you can go here to sign-up up for that now, or check our schedule to see when the next workshop will run. In addition, this workshop can also be custom-tailored as an in-house training – just send us an info request, and then we’ll talk.
All of our workshops are participatory in nature, and our trainers allow time for experience sharing and reflection, as well as a pre-flight expectation gathering to ensure most of the individual expectations can best be addressed within the scope of course. Our trainers are also skilled at gauging how the workshop is progressing, and can adjust both the pace and content accordingly (we leave no participant behind).
Also, every workshop includes a comprehensive training report upon completion that gives your management team a blow-by-blow accounting using daily feedback results from each participant.
Workshop materials are all-digital in format, and provided to all registrants via this website (user registration required). Once your registration is confirmed, all materials can be downloaded at anytime – forever! Specifically included with this workshop are:
- Workshop slides in PDF format
- Access to a special workshop page on this website – chocked full of resources
- Trial versions of any software used during the workshop
- Certificates of Training, delivered at the end of the course on printed certificate paper – and also provided digitally